Monday, November 25, 2013

13th Birthday Dinner

     When you turned 13, did you have a special meal?. If you didn't, I highly recommend that you designate one night when you can make your dream meal. That's what I got to do for my 13 birthday,(which was on a Saturday night thankfully). My dream meal is the following: BBQ Pork Spare Ribs, Corn Bread, Coleslaw, Mac N'Cheese, and an Oreo Ice Cream Pie to top it off. That is the exact menu I had for my 13th birthday. I wanted to design the menu to be as Southernly as possible. What  also made the birthday dinner spectacular was having family in town from New Jersey. Even my older cousin was able to join us. Having the family in town made it a really special celebration that I will remember for a very long time.
      When I decided to have BBQ Ribs for my birthday I wanted to make them the best. For me to accomplish that we absolutely had to get the ribs from Clancey's. Then we had to find a recipe that was simple but would make the ribs heavenly. We were looking for a recipe that had a rub and sauce recipe. We found a recipe that met those two requirements. The rub was so simple . In the long run we ended up using our favorite BBQ Sauce to baste the ribs. It was a great combination. When the ribs came out of the oven, we had a scrumptious gravy for dipping the Corn Bread. This added numerous flavors to the bite.
       The Oreo Ice Cream Pie at the end of the meal made every single stomach in the room feel glorious. My aunt said, "Before having this Ice Cream Cake I did not like Oreo Ice Cream. But now I love it". By the way, the cake was from the best Ice Cream Creamery in Minneapolis, Sebastian Joe's. This was a great way to end such a memorable night. 


Note:The link to Sebastian Joe's and Clancey's Meat and Fish will be included at the end of the post
               The recipe's for the Kohlrabi Salad, BBQ Ribs, and the Cornbread will each have it's separate post.



 http://sebastianjoesicecream.com
http://www.clanceysmeats.com






The Oreo Ice Cream Pie

The Mac N'Cheese

The BBQ Ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment