Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ice Cream Dessie

20 Oreo cookies 1/c gallon peppermint stick ice cream
1/3 cup margarine

Crush cookies and add melted margarine; press into 9x13-inch pan and freeze for a short time. Spread ice cream over cookie base and return to freezer while making topping.

Topping:

2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 tablespoon margarine

Combine and cook until thick; cool. Spread over ice cream and return to freezer.
Serve when well frozen.


This dessert is one of my favorites at Christmas. My Nana makes it for us each year. We can't wait to eat it when we visit my grandparents for the holidays. It truly melts in your mouth when you eat it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Piet! I can't wait to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Piet,

    How special to see my name and recipes on your blog! The pictures turned out great!
    Love you,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete