Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas treats and spirits











Another pick of my studying my uncle

A Marshmellow that I roasted over one of the fires I made



Time to study how my uncle pours a
yummy cocktail for the grownups









One of the fires I made at my grandparents house




Over Christmas I visited my family in Grand Rapids, Michigan. While I was there I made a few fires in my Grandparents fireplace. I also made cocktails with my uncle, and I received a chocolate and confections cookbook.

Every night I made a fire with my grandpa and on the last night I made a extra big fire to roast some marshmallows. My papa said that the marshmallow I roasted for him was the best marshmallow he had every had. The outside was finished with a lovely honey color.

Also on the last night I made a really yummy cock-tail with my Uncle Paul. The grownups said it was amazing. It was called an Elderflower Martini, made with St. Germaine Liquore.

My Aunt Jen got me a really cool cookbook named Chocolates And Confections from the Culinary Institute of America. For New Years Eve my mom and I are going to make a dessert from the book that has chocolate Fondant covered with a mint filling. This dessert is named Mint Patties. We will post the recipe and pictures after we make it.

As 2010 was coming to an end I got interested in making candy and chocolate. With this new cookbook I got this year I will be able to post more about candy making and chocolate molds.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Piet - thanks for telling me about the post. You and Pierce need to have a firemaking marathon during out next visit. He kept our fire going all thru Christmas eve festivities, including roasting marshmallows and a dance party in our living room. Your new book from Aunt Jen sounds way cool. Do post a recipe as soon as you have made something. Happy New Year xoxoxoxo Aunt Diana

    ReplyDelete