Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012

Our Christmas Tree for 2012

























A sugar coated ginger bread house
My family drove out to Grand Rapids, Michigan to join our extended family for this Christmas Holiday.We have been doing this since I was a little baby. I had a wonderful Christmas this year.  There were so many things that made it just perfect.   I had a really nice time meeting with relatives and getting to know the newest members of the family better.

Of course I had some delicious food. I personally think Christmas would not be what it is now without good food. I had some new dishes and also the foods that have become a tradition in our family. Like the Ice Cream Dessie and the Candy Cane Cookies. We created new traditions that I hope will be followed over the coming Christmas's. One new tradition that was created was the annual Ping Pong tournament. Sadly I did not win the tournament.


For Christmas Eve we went out to dinner with the family at a restaurant named the "Green Well". I had their burger which was one of the best burgers I have had in my life. It had toppings like bacon, cheese,  carmelised, onions, and pickles. It was cooked perfectly with love. One thing that made it one of my favorites was it was so juicy but not too juicy. It of course had a side of well seasoned french fries that for a change were good.


I had other very satisfying meals during our trip. Home cooked and out at restaurants. During two meals that were stews which were very delicious. On the last night we had a chicken curry with coconut rice topped with toasted coconut, peanuts, and cilantro. The chefs in the kitchen decided to cook soups and stew because they are easy to fix for a crowd. We decided to have chili, a mediterranean stew, and the curry during our week together. A fabulous addition to each meal was a fresh loaf of bread or a homemade maple honey corn bread.

2 comments:

  1. What are your favorite family traditions for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we are able to go to Michigan to see our family. My new favorite tradition for sure is the Ping Pong table but I do love the chants for Nanna's Ice Cream Dessert!

    From MOM!

    ReplyDelete