Saturday, August 6, 2011

Trip To The Farm

Me in a bee suit for the first time

Another shot of me in the bee suit

A shot of a part of the lower area based crops

Tons of onions drying out

The tractor waiting in the field
when not being used

A close up shot of the tractor in the field


A larger view of the onions drying out and some other plants
towards the back of the trailer

Another shot of the trailer

Some plants that are growing in cells towards the
back of the trailer















































Recently I went down to our CSA farm for a week to do some farming. My family dropped me off on Saturday then the farmer drove me back on Thursday. Each day I woke up at 6:30 toke an hour brake for lunch and dinner and then went bake to work for a couple hour in the evening. Every day in my journal I tracked each thing I did in the day. While I was there I worked with 4 interns the farmer and myself. I was the only kid there. Most of the time meals were eaten pretty quick because we had a lot of work to do. Most of the vegetables we ate where from the farm. The farmer was helpful and taught me so much. The farm was really beautiful. There was always a little breeze which was really nice. In my next few posts I will blog about what I did each day on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment